Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 09:58 PM   #9
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in MO View Post
2019 Thor Vegas 27.7. No air coming from circle vents.
- I've fixed the AC baffle issue (amazing this is a thing).
- I've tried forcing ALL output from the AC into the driver-side ducting - nothing comes out of the ducted circle vents.
- I ran a rod through the circle vents from front to back. No blockage, but I can't see the probe from the AC unit box(!).
So, are the vents from the AC actually connected to the ducts?
QUESTION: Does anyone have a diagram of the ducting? There might be a place that was supposed to have been cut-through during construction, but wasn't.

For the duration of the summer, I've Macgyvered an external bypass from the unit into the circle duct at the kitchen with some aluminum gutter downspouts. Lots of airflow. Looks awful, but we'll survive the season.
Actually if you see the factory assemble the roof, there are not ducts per say. There is simply a lack of foam insulation blocks that form a rectangular channel in the roof insulation. Smoothing out the airflow into these channels is the way to make considerable improvement ins the turbulent air flow to the ceiling vents. Metal turning vanes are the best.
Generaly, the right side vents flow more air because of the CW rotation (as view fron the front) rotation of the squirl cage fan.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum