Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 02:31 AM   #12
Jay in MO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Vegas 27.7
State: Missouri
THOR #24316
Thanks all. Fixed!

Ok, so I'm not crazy.
I contacted Thor and asked if they had diagrams of the ceiling construction. After a little explaining, I got a PDF (see pic). As expected, the styrofoam vent channel "ducting" is straight-through. In the diagram, the A/C baffle should connect to the duct with a shaped piece to direct the flow. This was not the case in mine. IT WAS NOT FREAKING CONNECTED!!!
I cut a small test hole where it should connect and found the duct channel (see photo from the forward vent rearward with my knife poking through).
I used a hacksaw blade to open up both sides and silver-taped it to prevent air loss.
Reinstalled baffle and a little adjusting - I now have what I expect for an AC system.

I really like my RV, but dang! Amazing the poor construction I've been discovering. *sigh*
Click image for larger version

Name:	ACvent.png
Views:	121
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	32253

Name:	through.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	32254

Name:	taped.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	32255

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.