Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 02:14 PM   #5
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
When you say DT are you referring to Direct TV or Dish TV? I have the Dish largely because I had it previously at my home and it's easier to work with in my opinion. Both do the same thing. To the OP, original poster, check out the Winegard site for what they offer. The open antenna like the Trav'ler will give the best reception because it's larger. BUT it's fixed on the roof so where you park may not have the required sky visibility. A Playmaker or Tailgater in their line can be move out to that sky access but there reception may not be as strong.

You can even get a home style antenna, put it on a tripod mount and aim it. But you'll have to manually aim it. Research the offerings and decide HOW YOU want it.
OP has the short/narrow Class B Tellaro.
I've seen several Class B's with a roof mounted dome dish, but never with the Trav'ler. Not enough roof space for that (with dual solar panels, AC, and a vent or two).
And a Tripod Mount would be a PITA to carry & store.

The DISH Tailgater 4 has an ez release mount which would work well for the OP.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum