Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 10:03 PM   #20
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Those who can handle it will handle it.
Those who will read, yet not act on your well constructed and pointed questions...are legion.

We will
Set up our grill, transfer all if the food to ice chests and tell the service shop to enjoy what they can and to take home/throw away the rest.(feed the crew, get benefits )

Rent a car and carry on the adventure locally(we did this for four days outside of boise. It was one of our best adventures. We rented a truck and went on a road the locals said due to a bypass no one had used in 50 years they knew of. We showed them maps they'd never seen, homesteads they never knew the name of.) A sensor went out in the intake manifold if our 5.3 Chevy. They fixed it, it went 20 miles and another sensor failed. We think they knicked a wire putting the intake manifold on and grounded out the sensor. It was really two breakdowns in four days.

We've lost deposits in the thousands of dollars in the past. We knew the job was dangerous when we took it.

But
I am a bit of an odd duck.
House burns down, car stolen, four days for repairs...I'm ok with it.
But man when a pencil lead breaks twice in a row and it did it just to be a jerk...I.am.on.fire.

Yours is an excellent post. I hadn't thought about the food but we had experienced and whooped all the others.

I hope your post makes others prepare.
I hope My post makes them think of easy and happy void fillers.

Aside:
Yesterday while Going up a steep hill outisde of casper wyoming my cruise control kicked out.
It seems catastrophic when it happens. Rpm goes to idle, engine roaring at 4100 stops, you're on a big hill(or it wouldnt have kicked out).
First thought: pull over
Second thought: where, the sides are steep
Third thought: ham sandwiches and lawn chairs, a ride with a tow truck driver and we'll rent a car and loop back for the rv in a few days or a few weeks. New adventure, no worry at all.
Hope the view was killer!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum