Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 02:07 AM   #3
ryan0104x

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #24339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I deleted the other thread; not that there was a problem with the link, but it would have duplicated this thread.

I have no specifics about your model MH but a standard 50 amp RV has the 59 amp 240 VAC from SP go through the ATS and into a standard AC breaker panel which basically feeds 120 VAC loads from one of the two "hot" leads. But each major load (like A/Cs) should have their own breaker in that panel. The loads should be pretty evenly balanced between the two sides, so:
1 A/C on each side
Maybe a microwave on 1 side and the water heater electrical element on the other.
Half the 120 VAC outlets on 1 side, the other half on the other side.

The generator's 30 amp breaker passes 240 VAC to the ATS via 2 hot leads as well, the breaker handle actually controls 2 ganged breakers: 240 VAC x 30 amps = 5800 running watts for your 7000 watt generator.

Hopefully this helps?
Okay that actually makes sense for the generator portion possing 30 amp 240.. however once the 240 from gen and shore reach the ATS, one side of ATS goes to my breaker panel inside, to a 30 amp main, that splits between rear ac and the rest of my inside appliances, microwave, propane water heater, fridge, etc. The other line goes mysteriously to the front main room AC. which Now isnt getting any power. Im trying to figure out why and if there is something bewtween the ATS and the front ac, that is causing this?

Ps thanks for deleting the other post. and thanks for the reply. im really trying to figure this out, though im stumped.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum