Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
AxialFlux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: West Virginia
THOR #21234
Onan QG 4000 stops running, possibly heat related?

I've done a lot of research on this, and I know it is a common problem for these to sometimes stop running in hot weather. This seems to be what mine is doing, as it only started when the temps here got into the 80s, however, once it stops, I can start it up again, and it will run fine for another hour or so before stalling again.

I've changed/checked the oil level, replaced the spark plug, and even opened the door to provide better ventilation. Airflow seems to be fine, as I cannot seem anything blocking the fan/vents. I thought the plug had fixed it, as yesterday, I ran the genny from 11am to 4pm with no issue, however it did stall around 5. I am boondocking and working remotely, hence running it all day.

I assume this is heat related vapor lock, but if that was the case, shouldn't it fail to start right back up?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum