Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #13
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Is the head buggered or the threads? I don’t recall whether is an actual bolt into a secured nut or just a sheet metal screw. If the head is damaged the screw extractor or vice grips should do the trick. They are small and not torqued very much. They lead a hard life though and it certainly couldn’t hurt to soak them good with penetrating oil. Incidentally, you really only need to remove one of them and just rotate the cover out of the way to gain access to the drain plug. If it’s damaged threads or a stripped nut you’ll probably have to drill it out. I don’t think there is anything “above” that you are likely to damage. If the nut is ruined you probably can reinstall the cover using a speed-nut. I don’t think I’d lose a lot of sleep worrying about operating the generator without the cover if it comes to that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum