Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Lithium Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 07:24 PM   #18
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Well.... I'm inches away from pulling the trigger on a lithium upgrade for my SV34.

Battle Born has a sale right now and the 100Ah LiFePO4 on sale for $150 off. There are a lot of cheaper ones on the market now but from the research I have done their BMS, warranty and reputation is the best in then business. The big thing for me is I leave the coach plugged in during the winter months when its stored in the garage up north and I am down in Florida. The BMS has a cold charging protection system and is a major plus. Many of the LiFePO4's out there don't have that capability.

I am going to replace my four 6V batteries for three 100Ah Battle Born's, a LI-BIM 225 and the Porgressive Dynamics PD9160ALV Converter. I already have a Renogy 30A Solar Controller that is LI capable so I am already set there.

I figure the 300Ah is going to perform much better than the flooded 435Ah and with the lifecyle and warranty, I could transfer them to another coach if I were to decide to sell the SV34 at some point.

I'll hold on to my 6V batteries and converter and put them back in if I would ever sell the coach.

*EDIT*

I just happened to stumble across Big Battery for LiFePO4 options. They also have a 10-year warranty and they seem to offer more power per dollar. There smallest battery is 170Ah and it is on sale for $979. They also have a good BMS with it as well.

https://bigbattery.com/by-voltage/#12

Looks like I will be doing a bittle more research.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.