Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Slide glitch
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Slide glitch

We got home from a 2 week trip, 3 setups and everything as advertised. At home I have an RV barn, covered with full hookups, 50amp. With the Omni you have to be running the engine with parking brake applied to use leveling system and also slides. I backed into the space, leveled the coach but when I one to extend slides, the touch pad control showed the slides "locked". Tried various things, shut down and restart, reset parking brake. Un leveled and re leveled. On the touch pad I went to settings and found the diagnostics page which on one showed an error on the generator relay. Just for grins I started the generator and the "locked slides" symbol went away and slides could be extended.

One time glitch or systematic issue? Supposedly, to my understanding, the generator running isn't a part of the slide and jacks lockout system. I know the reason for running the engine is to ensure adequate voltage to the slide controller, but don't understand why if you are hooked up to shore power that wouldn't be sufficient.

EDIT; when I started the generator, which started right up, the error "dot" went out.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum