Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 03:36 PM   #12
NG7V

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #16876
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1noel View Post
On ours, water was running down the frame rails that run through the compartments. I used expanding foam to seal them and have not had an issue since. BTW NG7V- we must be neighbors. Same ZIP.
Mike
Thanks for the comment. I pushed some foam between the rail and the vertical wall in the front. I used Loctite foam for that because of the adhesion it has and its ability to compress at the center of the patch. I plan to do the gaps in the front and rear walls inside the wet bay as well. I have drips (effervescence) on the two walls which indicates that there is water intrusion at that end of the rails.

Also, I ran over the capacity of the fresh water tank while filling and discovered that the seal between the floor and the outside frame of the wet compartment was not sealed as well as it should because I found water dripping along the seam under the RV. I think I will put gorilla tape or additional sealant along the bottom seals of the compartment floor in all bays because it looks like water can penetrate in those seams. I don't know what type of sealant they used for those seams (looks like contractor's caulk, siliconized latex maybe?) so tape might be what I need to do instead of caulk.
NG7V is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum