Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 06:42 PM   #21
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
I am not too happy with Dish network's equipment overall but generally, I have found them to be the better of the crappy choices. They also let me easily turn my RV service on-and-off, as needed, since we don't use the RV TV that much and I don't want to keep paying year-round.

Having said that ...

For me, watching TV on the go was important so I went with a Winegard T4 (in-motion) on the roof and an Winegard PL7000R Playmaker (portable) as backup for when the roof is blocked by trees.

It's generally a MAJOR pain in the arse to get these things to lock and work nicely .. it also takes a long time sometimes to acquire the lock and then may even take days to get the Guide downloaded from Dish. But when it does lock, it works great ... even while driving. It of course cuts out if there are trees or mountains in your satellite line-of-sight and also when going under overpasses (for a sec or so). So you have to be understanding, super patient, and really try to understand the technology you are dealing with ... it's not as smooth and seamless as a home setup (which still Dish sucks at a lot of times!) But at the same time, it is pretty cool to get full HD content while cruising in the middle of nowhere USA.

Oh and what I hate is local channels .. if I leave the cone they have around our home zone, I can't get any locals .. not even the locals of whatever area I am in. That SUCKS ... at least with Dish, they tie to the zip code of the billing address and you get nothing if you venture out too far. The whole thing is simply not designed with mobility in mind.

I can't wait for satellite internet (bring it on elon musk!) ... I'd love to be able to stream and ditch all these outdated techs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum