Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:33 AM   #8
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Seeing those pics really chaps my backside.....

The metal of the roof of the cab is very thin. Then you have crappy plyood above it. Thinking a few wood screws are going to hold the front cap down and attached to the top of the cab as it virates and bounces as you drive down the road is beyond ridiculous.

There should be a steel or aluminum molding on the under side of the cab roof and then another on above the plywood, Then they should be using nuts and bolts through the metal molding to fasten the front cap to the top of the cab roof. The side walls should be done the same way.

To the OP..... above is how I would fix it to do it the right way. I would not just use bigger screw.

It is this consisently under-engineered design coupled with poor workmanship and lack of quality control that gives Thor a bad name. There is no way a 2017 Super C should look that way.

Thor.... you should be ashamed of yourself letting coaches go out the door assembled this way.

It has to make me wonder how well they repaired mine in Wakarusa and whether it will hold up over the long haul. So far so good but the jury will still be out till I get back from my 7-week 5500 miles trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum