Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 03:11 AM   #1
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Blown Hydraulic Line Victory.

Today we were headed up northbound I-5 in California and had just successfully descended the Grapevine. Shortly after cruising on level highway our leveling system started showing an error message about service snd retracting the jacks. This same thing happened last year and it ended up being a blown hydraulic return line on the front passenger leveling jack at that time. Last year we called for roadside mobile mechanic as allowed in our coverage. Several hundred $ later our front crossover return line (orange) was replaced with an actual hydraulic line.
Fast forward to today… another alarm on the I-5 and end result is now the orange return line from the drivers side front leveling jack had blown out of the fitting. This time we call Toscana RV in Los Banos to see if they carry replacement hydraulic lines. They refer us to Marfab in Los Banos that is a welding and hardware supply in the Central Valley. They tell us to bring the RV by and they’ll fabricate a replacement hydraulic line. We take a little detour, they fabricate a new line and we’re on our way to Santa Nella just up the highway. We check in and I replace the line in 5 minutes, add 3 quarts of ATF to the reservoir and it fixed better than new. Lesson learned from last year and saved several hundred dollars on the fix. I’ll be replacing all the cheap poly lines on the hydraulic system when we get home. It appears to me that those poly lines don’t do well under hot conditions that can be found in the front of the RV near the engine compartments. I wholeheartedly endorse Toscana RV and Marfab as great resources in California Central Valley. Safe Travels.
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.