Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Jerry.....

I personally thiink you are making a good decision from a few different perspectives.

First, I'm more pro Super C vs Class A for the following reasons:

- I prefer the safety factor of a truck cab in front of me with standard safety features like air bags, etc.

- I also like having another easy method of entry and exit from the coach.

- I prefer a truck chassis that was designed and built to carry heavy loads and rack up big highway miles reliabily. The drivetrain and suspension is perfect for a motorhome application (some of the DEF issues out there right now not withstanding).

- I also like the cab windshield and windows that will never leak and provide good visibility.

- If major engine or transmission issues would ever occur, it is much easier to work on a Super C than any Class A.... even from just a general maintenance perspective.

Next, I think the Renegade is a very good coach in this price range. When I looked at several of them a couple years ago, the quality and workmanship was excellent. I think the Renegade lineup is exponentially better than any of the Thor Industries Super C's.

Renegade, Dynamax and Nexus have all been on my watch-list. While I have been leaning towards the Nexus Ghost lately should my Magnitude let me down, I don't think you can go wrong with the Renegade Valencia and would really like the coach.

Independent of size, many of the benefits you listed for Super C over Class A also apply to regular Class C over smaller As.

I recall it wasn’t that long ago Class As out sold Cs by a considerable margin, and as of last June, there were almost twice as many Cs than As sold. It’s a shifting market for certain, somewhat driven by downsizing trend.

What’s even more surprising is that Bs (van campers) are approaching the volume of As. Just a few years ago they represented a very small percentage of “A” volume.

I agree that having a conventional OEM “cab” with doors, power windows, OEM dash, air conditioner, airbags, OEM windshield, access to engine, etc. all add value in a different way than just having more space in driving compartment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum