Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 03:36 AM   #3
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmicky View Post
Hello!

I could use your help, please. I'm a new Thor Windsport owner. Picked RV up at dealer, drove 1.5 hrs to RV park. On 50amp shore power overnight. Started up the next morning, drove 8 hrs to home. Now, 2 problems:

1) tried to plug into 30amp shore power with no load, keeps tripping the breaker immediately. What am I doing wrong? Or what do I need to check?

2) Chassis battery is at 3.7v. Can't start the RV. What could possibly have drained it? And how do I rectify?

Thank you so much!
smlmicky
I would guess you have a bad dog bone or 50 to 30 amp adapter. Turn off all 120 volt circuit breakers in the coach and see if the shore line circuit breaker holds. I would guess it does not. If the chassis battery is dead (below 11.0 volts), you can use the emergency start to start the engine. Read up on it before you try it.
Everything in the front cap (drivers compartment) is powered by the chassis battery except the radio. (Map lights, defroster fans, power ports, etc, as well as, Ford stuff - head lights, running lights, ignition, etc.) It is easy to turn a switch on when getting out of the seats.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum