Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 09:11 PM   #8
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Opinion alert! My experience has met my expectations. When you first start reading posts on this forum, all the problems are troubling. Remember, there are lots of happy campers (and some unhappy ones, too) who never post on forums like this. Upset customers tend to look for places like this to vent.

We had a small problem in the first few days, a electrical issue . It took calls to a few dealers to find one that would get us right in. Simple loose wire on a battery relay switch. A week later, there was a circuit board problem with the water heater, and Atwood sent me a new one, which solved that problem.

Had it aligned, which really helped the handling. May add a track bar, I suspect it would be unnecessary if you aren't towing. A local dealer is getting authorization to do a few minor fixes and replace a cracked windshield. You are nuts if you don't expect some adjustments and some warranty repairs. Don't think that a used coach necessarily has all the bugs worked out.

When shopping for a new coach, there are so many choices, voices and agendas. RVing is not for everybody, and the coach that is so right for us won't fit everybody, either.

So far, we have about 6000 miles on our Vegas, and about 60 nights. As I expected, this coach fits us and the way we travel just fine. Plenty of storage, our required walk around queen bed, a bigger shower than other models. The TVs are somewhat disappointing, but they could be replaced if it bothers enough.

While ours is a 2016, it has the E-350 chassis and the 5 speed transmission. We like the drive-ability, the live-ability and the affordability of the 25.2. That's a big order.

I believe the improvements made in the 2016s make them a better purchase choice than a discounted 2014 or 15 model. If you can wait until late May or early June to pick yours up, you might be smart to order a new 2017. Who knows what tweeks the Thor folks will make? And when you go to sell it, you'll get more back for a newer model year.

I warned you that this is my opinion. Hope this is helpful to you and others who are shopping. Final warning: Your results may vary!
Good information Sir...I am curious on how your after market leveling jack system is working

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.