Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 12:55 PM   #14
Choxnpinz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
You need to hold the prime switch down for 20 to 40 seconds AFTER the red light comes on. When you first press prime, the computer checks the system for about 4 to 9 seconds before starting the prime function. The red light comes on when the computer thinks it is safe to start the fuel pump. You are signalling the computer; not actually doing any thing electrical or mechanical. The same for a shut-down. Just trip the switch to signal the computer to shut down the generator. The computer will turn of the fuel pump and the ignition and start the shutdown; no need to hold the switch down until the generator stops.

Interesting. During my walk-thru with the dealer, he told me to hold it until the light comes on. I also noticed that the light goes back out after several seconds of holding it. I assume there's a pressure switch in the fuel line that stops it once fully primed, but I'm just guessing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum