Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 01:20 AM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
kwplot34.... thanks for starting this thread so Super C owners can track who else have had this issue and how best to resolve it.

The person you are speaking with at Thor is inexperieced and unfamiliar with this issue and justing giving you "the company line."

This is not a cosmetic issue.... it is a sructural issue. Your may be in the early stages but after a few more trips, it will start to look the way my coach did.

Here are some of the pictures where you can see holes from screws that broke off. Other screws trying to push through the modling. You can also gaps between the front cap and the cab that open up when leveling the coach.

I also have a video showing the gaps growing in size as the coach was leveled and the body and front cap began flexing during the levleing process.

If you allow this to go uncheched, the side wall screws and the screws in the woof of the cab olding on the front cap abd cab-over will all break or fall out. I know someone reported they could actually lift the from cap up and down on the roof of the cab when it got really bad.

The guys at the Thor Service Center they are not putting bog enough screws and enough screws to properly attached the front cap to the house and the cab. What is a real shame is that this has been a problem for over 7 years. You would think by now they would have changed and improved the assembly process when they introduced the Omni / Magnitude.

When I started looking at Super C's two years ago and I was at a dealer in Ft Myers, FL looking at Renegade, Dynamax and Jayco. They told me they stopped offering Thor's Super C because they were so many issues with them and they got tired of trying to get support from Thor to resolve all the issues.

After a couple months of looking at Super C's I didn't heed that dealer's advice. The Magnitude had the most bang for the buck, looked very sharp, checked of almost every box for us in terms of a floor plan..... and on the surface it looked like the quality and workmanship was better than the Thor Class C's.... as should be the case given they are more than twice the cost.

I remember someone posting a long time a go that we should report this to the NHTSA as a safety issue. After seeing the pictures Pillbox has posted, it makes you wonder if that is not the right way to go.

Hopefully more people with Super C's who have had the front cap issue will also post their experience. I already know one guy who sold his SV34 back to a dealer at a big loss after a major slide issue and his front cap starting to show signs of flexing and separation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.59.50 PM.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	32590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 9.00.04 PM.png
Views:	226
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	32591  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 9.00.17 PM.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	32592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 9.00.25 PM.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	32593  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum