Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #31
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
It's a lawnmower.
It acts likes a lawnmower.

I got this visual of a lawnmower connected to the back of my RV mowing the lawn one Saturday morning. But I can't find a picture

We have a generator start button on the dash, wife doesn't have to get up to do anything.

My wife and Daughter like the AGS because it is really easy to set to AUTO or Quiet Time modes. It is all they have to remember. The system does all of the thinking for them

My ags has never kicked on. Batteries are charged through the inverter and alternator when the generator isn't running and by the generator when it is running(350a charger is built into my inverter) We run our generator and our ac anytime it's over 80° or so outside.

Our AGS never kick on for low batteries while driving; but will kick on all the time when driving when inside Coach temperature is greater than 78 degrees. We made mod; so we can now run the Norcold fridge through inverter when driving.

Generator cranks for five or six seconds...just like a mower that needs to pump fuel.
Ours is 2 - 3 secs but that is my perception, I may have to pull out the stop watch to verify

3,000 miles on our current drive about and we're going for 8,000 or so. Generator was running all but a couple of hundred of those miles and we anticipate the same for the balance of the trip.

An aside
Generator uses about half a gallon per hour, that's 120mpg at 60mph, 140mpg at 70mph.

... and for 80mph?

But
That's about $1.50 an hour at todays fuel prices...multiplied by the hours you run the gen...per day....

V10 uses .67 gallons at idle.
Good stuff, see above comments.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum