Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 01:30 PM   #6
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKM View Post
I have an Aria 4000 and the whirlpool Conv/microwave doesn't bake evenly now. I was told that it probably is the heating element. I called Whirlpool gave them the Model number and they said is was not a convection microwave.
I ask them how did we make brownies, biscuits, and pizza in this thing. They had no answer other than that model is not an Convection/Microwave.
Model YWMH78019HZ-0
Does anyone have any thoughts or help with this?

Well I don’t know much about convection microwave ovens, but when you locate an on line manual for your Model number it does say it is a convection microwave oven with settings for convection cooking. So perhaps you just got a tech at Whirlpool having a bad day when you inquired......try again and see if you get a different answer, or at least someone who can explain why you have convection settings on your unit, if its not a convection oven.
The other thing I find useful for any appliance trouble, is to look up on line appliance parts suppliers because some of them actually provide exploded diagrams of the complete appliance and all its parts for models they support. I had a quick look on line at your model and it does not list or show a discrete (stand alone) heating element like you would have in a conventional (non microwave) convection oven. So unless a heating element is part of the convection heat circulation fan in your microwave, I “suspect” your oven has no actual heating element. So probably the microwaves heat the food and the convection air fan inside the oven circulates the heated oven cavity air to provide a more even cook for baking applications. I would then suspect the convection oven fan or the controls that operate that fan (thermostat maybe?). Do you hear a fan when you just use standard microwave heating; and does that fan sound change when you use the convection only cook? If the fan stops or never starts/cycles during convection only cook then it might suggest a thermostat/control issue. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum