Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Quantum RS26
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 07:11 PM   #1
gr8rcfan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #11509
Quantum RS26

Battery electrolyte levels are exceedingly difficult to check and adjust. The first battery is easy, right under the step that opens up. But the 2nd battery is next to the 1st with only about 2" clearance above the battery. Seems like the only two ways to do the annual check/fill is to disconnect both batteries, remove the first, then slide the 2nd one over so it can be checked. I tried using an inspection mirror and a hose to check/fill the 2nd one, but I'm not confident with this method.
Anyway, I killed the batteries by leaving house power on without being plugged in. So I am replacing the batteries. But so far, I find standard batteries about $100 each. But when looking at maintenance free batteries, the price jumps to about $200. Any suggestions?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.