Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 01:37 AM   #6
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
After leaving my Sprinter motor home at my local Mercedes Benz dealership, they replaced a total of 4 sensors and had the tech test drive it 4 times(test drive one time after each sensor was replaced). During each test drive, the Sprinter went back into limp mode. I then explained to them that I had a tune installed in the ECU and was wondering if that could be the reason for the limp mode and codes it was displaying. They thought the tune might be the reason and suggested removing it. Based on that recommendation, I took the ECU back to the shop that installed the tune and had it removed. The factory settings were restored. I then took it on a 1400 mile round trip to Utah from California climbing many steep grades in high heat while towing our 2014 Ford Flex. I experienced ZERO limp modes and no fault codes. It appears the tune that was installed was conflicting with the engine computer unit causing the issues we experienced during our 5,000 mile cross country trip this summer. At this point I have no further plans on installing another tune and will leave the Sprinter computer alone.

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum