Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 10:47 PM   #59
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
If the AGS can also turn OFF the generator it can send a STOP signal. Yes that is PIN2 in the picture

It's up to the circuitry to determine how long to send that signal and as a PRIME signal instead of a STOP signal
Agree this is possibility, but for the Onan Remote Switch, the Onboard Switch it is clearly STOP/PRIME where you manually hold button for priming to occur. However on the EC-30 on the wiring schematic (also attached in post #18) it only shows a STOP output. So while I agree the circuitry could be calculating how long to hold PIN2, the manual specifically says when conditions warrants the AGS will send a Start Signal to Genny (nothing about a Pre Stop/Prime signal). If it was designed to Prime before sending that Start signal, that would be a big omission, especially when they also say you only need to Prime when out of gas or replacing fuel filter. I bet if I told the Marketing people what you are getting at, they would market this as some kind of Electronic Ignition System to make folks want to buy the EC-30 over the regular remote

Over priming the generator is not an issue as the carburetor still has a float and fuel inlet valve that prevents fuel flow into the bowl when it's not needed. Remember the fuel pump is always pushing fuel to the generator as if it was running at full load, even if it is running at no load. My lesson learned for today

My curiosity is at point now where I may have to call Onan. But during the interim until I can confirm the engineering behind it; I will keep on doing exactly what I doing now at a minimum; so mine keeps working.

This reminds me on another forum where subject was getting splashed with cold water in the shower, I hated it. There were all kinds of thoughts about why and how to fix diverters etc where many were saying the fixes did not work. Then one day my shower cartridges were leaking so versus replacing under warranty, I bought a new shower system very inexpensive and very nice looking. It not only fixed the leaking faucets, but it also fixed the cold water zapping But there were several that would NOT accept it; because they insisted the design of my new fixture was no different than the design of the one I replaced. Basically they were telling me I was still getting zapped with cold water, or I was never getting zapped with cold water to begin with
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum