Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 07:35 PM   #15
racochran

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Chateau 28E
State: Arizona
THOR #13948
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky bob View Post
Even with the material may come in 14 ft long pieces, when shipped it is typically rolled up and put it in a shallow box that is 2 ft to 3 ft square. So shipping is not usually a problem. When you receive it, unroll it and let it sit in a sunny spot for a while so it flattens back out.
The seal I think we are talking about is a combination of soft rubber wiper molded to a 90 degree piece of hard plastic which if bent will break. This hard plastic part lies over the RV side and screwed into side of RV. This sets the soft rubber wiper back into the RV about I guess an inch where it hits the slide surface.

Thought about trying a traditional seal we are used to but not sure a mix of this kind and traditional would work very well. Anyway reason it cannot be just rolled up and shipped and only available in 14' sticks. I don't know if longer pieces are available though but that would for sure require truck frieght instead of UPS

Sorry I confused you with this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum