Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 12:13 AM   #3
RSKDSK

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Thank you so much for the reply ... and that is what I expected, but La Mesa RV
Orlando told me just the opposite.

They told me that you need to keep pushing the button until the awning extends to the desire position and then let off, but not let it go too far or you cause some major issues. They said they spoke with Thule and Thor corporate and the RV did not come with stop limit sensors on the RV's so if you allow it to extend by itself it will go too far.

They also said you must hold the button while retracting and then let go once it is fully closed. If you allow it to close automatically it will continue to try to retract until it burns out the motor. I told them that this does not sound right.

The RV that I was conducting the PDI on and trying to buy did not stop when extending and it burnt the motor when retracting ... they said this was because someone did not do the procedure correctly.

Needless to say, I told them I wanted my deposit back and they could trying selling that bullpoop to someone else.

I figured that the awning was suppose to work like this:

1 press and hold the extend button for a couple of seconds and then let off
2 The awning extends to the correct position and stirs by itself

when retract ... do the same thing:

1 press and hold retract for a couple of seconds and then let off
2 The awning closes fully and the shuts off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum