Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #2
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
We left the Pittsburgh, PA area on Friday (8/20/21) and headed to Nashville, TN for a ~580 mile / 10-hour driving day. Nashville wasn't originally on the route when we started planning our trip…. but the DW wanted to see a PBR (Professional Bull Riding) Event while we were out west. Neither of us had been to one and we caught a few minutes on TV over the years. I was a little ambivalent about seeing one live but the DW had it on her long bucket list so…….

All of the PBR events were being held before we would be getting to the various cities we would pass along the way. Back in June, I happen to find a PBR Championship event for 8/21 and 8/22 right at the start of our trip so we made some minor changes to the route and schedule to catch the Championship Round on Sunday in Nashville. We had already been to Nashville but we didn’t mind heading back there… even though it was somewhat out of the way of our original route.

We booked the KOA Nashville Resort near the Gaylord. It was a bit pricey but looked very nice so I booked a premium patio spot…. and I’m glad I did because it had an asphalt pad and concrete patio with nice furniture and fire pit. The weather was very hot and humid and we had quite a bit of rain on Saturday so a plain gravel and grass site would have been a mess. There was serious flooding about 60 miles west of Nashville where places got 17” of rain. A small town was wiped out and many people sadly lost their lives.

The trip out to Nashville was fairly uneventful. Waze did save me from a brutal construction traffic backup on I-71 south of Columbus. We got to the campground about 7:00PM on Friday evening…. setup camp and just had some fire food and relaxed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1259.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	33010  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum