Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 08:33 PM   #1
jdftwrth98

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Liking the Challenger
State: Texas
THOR #3984
Another new member

Hi

My wife are getting close to retiring (when hell freezes over) any way we have been looking at RV'ing as an alternative to sitting around watching the grass grow.

We have been looking at what sort of RV would give us the lifestyle we want, the choices seem to be 5th wheel or class A gas (class a pushers are way out of our price range).

The problem with the 5th wheel is I would need to buy a tow vehicle in addition to the 5th wheel and the issue with the class a is if we want to spend a couple of days at a location getting out and about would necessitate renting a car, buying a small car or walking.

I guess what we are really looking at is selling off the house and the excess stuff we have collected over the years and going full time in the RV, we aren't totally convinced that we are ready for that yet.

Whatever we are going to do will not happen for a year or two i have auto lease that I need to get rid of before we do anything.

There are a number of RV campgrounds around where we live here in Granbury Tx and we have been taking day trips looking at what types others have.

Of course we live real close to Alvarado TX where MHSRV is located and will probably be visiting may times until we settle on what we want.

I hope to learn a great deal from what others on this forum have to say.

Thanks,

JD

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.