Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #7
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrplumb View Post
Forum helpers:

Thanks for all the help. Sometimes when you break down you are stuck where you are at,,,,
The engine will run and generally at idle sounds ok and is usually smooth. Check engine light does not go off nor does it flash.
When driving with no bovious correlation between gas pedal position or speed the check engine light will flash and you can feel the engine shake with loss of power. After usually a brief period it will go away but it doesn't seem to correlate to speed, engine load or gas pedal position. Just a guess but sometimes I thought raising RPM made misfire go away but could be my imagination. Obviously I want to avoid severe engien damage by driving it somewhere else. I checked air filter- looked ok, pulled dog house- nothing obviously amiss I could see. Put in fuel injector cleaner to gas tank seemed to make no difference. Drive from current location to my home about 20 miles. Nearest ford heavy truck center another 10 miles but not sure they would know how to find teh obd any better but not sure....
I wonder if telling them to replace all ten spark plugs and COP would be worth expense and fix it...
Tnx fer everyone's help. If anyone has an actual picture showing the OBD on the steering wheel that might help......
There is no "COP (cap? as in distributor cap?)" on your engine and the spark plugs are good for 100K miles. And the OBD port is near the steering COLUMN, not the steering wheel.

Unfortunately it sounds like you have an intermittent problem which is the hardest kind to troubleshoot. A static engine scan will probably just show occasional misfire on one or more cylinders but may help point you in the right direction. I would try to get it to a FORD dealer that can:
Find the OBD port
Connect a live data scanner and test drive the coach to see what's happening when it misbehaves.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum