Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #8
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
It all depends on the configuration of your coach and the outside temps.

If your plumbing and tanks are all in heated areas (inside the coach) then using a space heater may be sufficient and allow you to save on propane. If the plumbing and tanks are outside the coach in storage bays then you need to determine how they stay warm. My Challenger for instance has all the plumbing and tanks in heated storage compartments so I have to use the furnace when temps drop below freezing. My Class C had an Artic Pak (heat blankets) around the tanks so in that coach I was able to use a space heater most times. I would generally use a space heater during the day and set the furnace at 55 or 60 at night and use a down comforter on the bed. In that coach when temps were at or below freezing I would go through about 40 pounds (9.8 gallons) 0f propane per week.

Also, FWIW, if the temps are forecasted to be below freezing ask the campground if they intend to turn off the water supply. I have had campgrounds turn off the water at around 9:00 PM and then turn it back on when the temps got above freezing. In this case you will want to ensure you have enough water in the fresh water tank.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.