Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #4
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by topd65 View Post
Hello,

Our house batteries are plum dead, so I’m on the search for two replacement unfortunately I cannot see the CCA on the dead batteries does anyone have any recommendations on what type of 12 Volt DCM BATTERIES I should get for our 2018 Thor Vegas 25.3?

Also do I need to disconnect the main battery before getting new ones installed?

Thank you all in advance!
Dee K.
You don't buy house batteries based on CCA. You buy house batteries based on storage capacity, Amp-Hours or Watt-Hours. You also want deep cycle batteries if available and affordable. If not you can settle for Marine/RV deep cycle batteries (they're actually combination start/deep cycle batteries). The bigger the battery the more capacity it has. Your cheapest replacements would be the marine/RV deep cycle batteries at Walmart. Get two of the biggest ones that will fit in your battery space: Group 27 or maybe group 31.

When changing out the batteries disconnect from SP and never allow the positive lead going to the coach breaker touch any metal if you don't disconnect the chassis battery. There's probably a breaker under the hood you could trip that would isolate the chassis battery from the house batteries but someone with the same coach as yours would have to tell you where it's located.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.