Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #566
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
My rig is in the shop for finishing touches of lastest mod...raising the area (40" x 82") where the recliners are going in. I took the dinette out and while sitting there on a temp chair I could see that the view was too low so I am raising the floor in that area even with the cockpit and putting in storage under it.

Also having the macerator put in.
Raising floor under dinette to cockpit elevation seems like an excellent idea. I would prefer going from a couch to a dinette (like converting a 24.1), but even there having the floor higher would allow passengers sitting on dinette to have a much better view of road. Sitting at same height also makes it easier to talk, etc.

What you are doing is similar to almost all ProMaster/Ducato Class Bs that have the driver and passenger seats at a higher elevation. Builders usually elevate the dinette so that all seats up front are at equal elevation. Mostly it's so they can eat on same table which doesn't apply to Axis; but it works out well regardless. Look forward to pictures.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum