Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 02:40 PM   #15
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Sumo is a giant bumpstop, nothing more. A bumpstop is to keep suspension parts from crashing together during an out-of-parameter situation like a giant pothole or severe twist.
Like any bump stop. Sumo creates a frame to body attachment with a durometer rating designed to allow some cushion/slow down .
It interrupts body roll.
Personally I think they're not useless, but I think I'd rather
Know my roll
Than stop my roll.
Id play sping and shock and torsion long before I'd play 'make it stop'.

If constant contact bumpstops had a valid use, they'd be on every vehicle in the world.
They severely interupt what the springs are doing.

But, while no one says they have the stupidest kid in the entire third grade, they won't say they made a mistake buying sumos.

If sumos were the cat's-pajamas, they wouldn't come in different durometer ratings for the same application on RV. They allow choice. This means some choices wilI be wrong. Three durometer ratings means you'll settle for one, and dislike two. Which two?

I'd try them...last resort.
(They're a limit strap. If you can build a track-bar, you know why a suspension limit, sitting outside the parameters of the other suspension pieces, is something to question.).

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=26 is an honest review.

No help from me on the cruise control. I haven't an ounce of ability.

Ps
I wonder if we could correlate mechanical Wall-slide failures to sumo/suspension changes?
Sumo and limit straps cause a suspension crash. One controlled yet still a crash, the other an abrupt crash.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum