Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 12:57 AM   #20
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I was down at my new Axis the other day and did this experiment:

With the chassis batteries showing 12.6 volts, I started the generator. A few minutes later I checked and the converter was charging at a few amps and the coach batteries were at 13.5 V and so was the chassis battery.

Obviously the BIM had connected the two since the coach was charging, ie its voltage was above 13 V.

So this winter my solar panel should keep both house and chassis batteries charged up even though it is only connected to the coach batteries.

David

I suggest a small solar system. I have one small (80W) panel that keeps my chassis and house batteries fully charged during storage. My Renogy system with a high efficiency charge/controller was barely $150 and was a fun and simple DIY project. It is entirely automatic in its operation and maintenance free. One of the best mods I’ve done. I bought two panels because I thought I’d need them but one is entirely sufficient and the other is just taking up space in my garage.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum