Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 04:08 AM   #180
nmcmilla

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by K6NCX View Post
Well, I thought I was done with this. I got a replacement a couple of years ago after the original broke. This was long after Trimark had reportedly switched to steel plunger.

Nope, the repacement broke last night. Difference is that this time there is aslo a smallish black piece which is broken. Trimark website says plunger is "zinc alloy!"

I'm not sure what to do now. Someone said they replaced with one from RVlocks, no problem. I asked RVlocks and they say modification to the door is required. Someone else said they replaced from one from Baur, with a little modification. I'd eally like to find a drect replacement that won't lock me in again in a few years!
Hi, I experienced similar with my door lock. I purchased and installed this 2 piece plunger without modification to my door. Working well about a year later. https://www.latchfix.com/info
Nancy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum