Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Thor Magnitude inverter circuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
thx judge! Ive the sv34 also. The inverter itself seems to have 2 white romex outputs that dont seem to land on the panel. Are you saying theres a separate junction box under the bed?

A couple of things……

Xantrex and most Inverter manufacturers recommend a subpanel on the output side of the Inverter. Thor cuts corners and does not install one.

They only use a breaker for the AC input side to the inverter. This is fine when on shore or generator power but when the transfer switch moves to Inverter AC power, there is no breaker protection on that Inverter circuit.

Next…. I have one Romex run from the Power Distribution Panel and a 15A breaker to the input side of the Inverter. I then have another single Romex run from the output side of the Inverter that runs up to the dinette seat next to the bathroom wall and then under the bathroom sink and over to the area under the bed…. at least as best as I can follow it.

But there is no breaker / subpanel on the AC output of the Inverter. It just splits off to the various outlets as indicated by the schematics for the Inverter powered circuit. On my schematics it is labeled as the 5B circuit.

One of my next planned modifications is adding a subpanel on the output side and putting a few other circuits on the Inverter now that I have installed LiFePO4 batteries. If the Magnitude holds up well in our current big trip, this will be my spring project.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.