Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
mfish4299

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #647
Smile

Thanks to all for the suggestions! I have the answer!!! First off, I did use a short section of 1/2 inch hose to fill the tank. That worked great because the 1/2 inch section easily fit into the filler hose and still had room to allow venting which allowed it to fill.

I was having work done at River City RV in Little Rock, AR and asked them to take a look. What they found was that at installation, the hose was too long and both the fill hose and vent went all the way to the bottom surface of the tank. As soon as I got an inch or so of water in the tank, it wouldn't vent anymore so the hose filled and overflowed. They cut off the extra length of hose and now all works great!!

Thanks to all for the great suggestions and I am glad the problem is finally fixed!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.