Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Wifi
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #28
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Thanks for the info... That was as I remembered 7-8 years ago when I had T-Mobile and went out west. Guess I'll keep ATT. Data is what I am most interested in. I could care less if anyone can call me. With all its warts, ATT still seems to be best bet in Europe (short term) and for RVing out west and in Canada/Alaska.
T-Mobile has spent a lot on network lte upgrades in the last couple years. If you will be in major cities or travel corridors T-Mobile looks like it will have reasonable coverage. I paid $80 for the Z-917 hot spot and the $35 6gig data plan. Mostly because they have a deal with Netflix and a few others where they do not charge your data if you don't need HD quailty and any unused data rolls over to the next month. If it doesn't work for me, I'll just cancel the service and only be out the cost of the device and maybe a month or two in service. I also have Verizon service for my phones that I can tether when in T-Mobil dead zone for checking email but would not want to watch video at Verizon rates. I went to Colorado a couple years ago and it was about $150 just to rent an Aircard so I could stay in contact with the office. This year I'll have the hotspot with good lte coverage all but a couple days we will spend camping along the river in Silt. I'll post results when I get back.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum