Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 01:49 AM   #17
RV1863

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB
State: Colorado
THOR #2733
I'm so glad to see this topic asked on the forum. One of the reasons that we purchased the Axis 25.1 is because of the ready built office in the back. This multi-purpose room has multiple names. In the morning it is the "changing room.” In the evening it is the “way back.” At night it is the “bedroom.” During travel time it is my “office.” It has just what I need – a table and a door to prevent interruptions to my conference calls. I even do video conferencing while in mid-travel.

I work remotely for my job often (not self-employed). We just bought our Axis in November and I've already worked from my "mobile office" (as my boss calls it) on three separate trips. I work while my husband drives. When we arrive somewhere, it is time to stop working and have fun!

Here are the modifications/additions that I've made:

- weBoost Wifi booster. I placed the magnetic antenna in the ceiling vent in my "office" and it is working great. I bought an adaptor to be able to plug it into the outlet rather than the cigarette lighter. I have a Verizon Mifi through my work and using it with the booster is so far working great. I’ve only lost coverage for about 1 hour in north Texas/panhandle of Oklahoma. We run the generator to get power for all the devices.

- a smallish printer/copier/scanner which is housed in the overhead cabinet in my office. Perfect for printing, signing and scanning contracts.

- good quality road noise cancelling blue tooth headphones

- walkie talkies to communicate to the driver without leaving the office

Things to watch out for:

- don’t leave your laptop on a table while getting up to get a drink… one quick turn and it will go flying

- rumble strips – the bane of my existence during conference calls

We’re still learning – but so far I am a huge fan of this new remote working lifestyle!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum