Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:53 PM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
I do not answer to expert......but I have a few hair brained ideas..

My plan is to line the inside of the generator enclosure with a product such as KilMat or MAT66. These are self stick sound deadeners. Also, this can go inside any cabinets or closets nearby that may bring sound into the living area.

Also plan to add a Gen-Turi which is long exhaust pipe to vent exhaust up above the roof. This will take some sound with it as well as exhaust.

Also, my understanding is that the sound or the perception of sound can be lessened by making sure the rubber mounts that hold gen to the motorhome are still rubbery and not becoming brittle. The generators attachment point can transmit deep bass tones that are not heard if you can isolate the generator.
To that end I may try to mount the generator on a rubber pad and the pad will be mounted to the motorhome.
Be careful. Onan has very specific dimensions and requirements for installation of the generators to permit adequate airflow for cooling. Using any type of sound deadening or insulating material could result in over heating problems. Check the Onan Installation Manual (not the owners manual) for the specs and then start measuring the distances. My bet is Thor installed the generator right at the minimum clearance required.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.