Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 09:22 PM   #14
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I really like the “auto-idle” feature on Honda (and others) generators.

It reduces engine speed when all electrical loads have been turned off and automatically returns to rated speed when loads are turned back on.
Less noise (& fuel).

Would be a nice feature on an RV generator.
It would never be used on an RV generator as the converter always has a load on the AC circuit so an "auto-idle" would never happen as it changes the output frequency and voltage. Now inverter generators that have an "ECO" mode that reduces the speed of the generator to match engine power to drawn electrical power is where the RV world is finally headed after Honda, Yamaha and others have had this feature for at least 2 decades. I even carry a first generation Honda 2000 on trips that I'll be boondocking for several days as it can carry any load in the MH but the big A/C and continuously charge the batteries in ECO mode with a lot less noise than the Onan 4K.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.