Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 12:56 AM   #17
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
I like that too, but it would take an inverter generator. Non-inverter generators have to spin the alternator at a constant speed in order to produce 60Hz power. One of the primary reasons that inverter generators are quieter is that they can vary the speed of the engine according to load, and even under high load are usually designed to spin at a lower speed than non-inverter generators.

I'd love to see the Onan inverter-generator offered as an option for all Thor models that have a generator of the appropriate size.
Onan is changing their RV offerings. New is the QG2800i A variable speed, inverter model. The plan is to offer inverter options on all gas models up to 7,000 watts. The MSRP is $3,800 for the QG2800i model. The 5,500 watt and up models will continue to be available in evap or fuel injection models with EFI coating about $150 more. I have head that a KY will have EFI option also.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum