Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 01:32 AM   #20
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
We have a 2019 Cummings 4000 gas generator.
My wife was asking if any modifications to reduce noise in coach?

I said the experts here may know
So is this an item that should be on the Top Things I Hate ( I mean improve ) list ?

You may wish to define your current noise level. I bought an inexpensive sound level meter and found my 5500 to be a quieter than portable inverter generators. I measured at 10 ft away.

Week before last while driving from Memphis, TN I thought I was getting hot, and I could not see the light on the genset wall to tell if was so my wife goes back and look at the controls but was confused because both ACs were off; she knew they were suppose to be on because the genset was saying Auto Mode. Since I am driving, I was kind of helpless so I asked her could she hear the generator and she said no So I pull over and sure enough the genset was running and she could not hear while driving with both ACs off. Now the only time I know we can hear our generator use to be BEFORE we got the new AGM batteries. Our Genset would start up at 7:00 AM every morning with no shore power, we could feel the vibration more so than the noise, but you could hear it.

When we tailgate ( which I do a lot), unless you go on service side of RV you will never know the genset is running.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum