Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter C View Post
The couch in my 2018 Thor ACE 27.2 is positioned approx 2.5” to the left (toward front passenger seat) from where it should be. The built-in shelf unit with drink holders is also mispositioned. I’ve attached a photo to show how the couch and built-in shelf unit behind it are not centered on the window.
The improper placement of the couch prevents the front passenger seat from swiveling, even with the seat slid all the way forward. The couch appears to be screwed (not bolted) to the floor and should be fairly easy to reposition. However, I can’t figure out how the built-in shelf unit is attached to the coach wall/floor and therefore how to move it… if I move only the couch, the unfinished back of the couch will be exposed as one enters the coach. Does anyone have experience in the removal of the built-in shelf unit behind the couch? Thank you!
My shelf behind the couch had three small L brackets screwed into the wall. With the couch moved forward, it was easy to remove the screws and remove the shelf. I needed to remove the shelf, so the new reclining love seat would fit on the slide.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum