Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
Camper Rob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: California
THOR #24870
Converter/ATS problem Thor Hurricane

I have a problem with my 2008 Four Winds Hurricane 31H. I have noticed that when my bedroom slide is in, plugging into shore power trips the SP breaker and it cannot be reset without unplugging the coach. I discovered that if the slide is out, then it allows the shore power connection without tripping the breaker. The main panel is under the bed, which moves with the slide so I have wondered if there might be a loose connection that makes better contact when the slide is out. Recently, my house batteries are dying after a day or so of camping while connected to shore power so my batteries are not charging while plugged in. I have no idea where the converter is, but it is likely below the bed. Anyone happen to have a wiring diagram or schematics for this coach? Thor says due to the age, they no longer have them.

Open to any suggestions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum