Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #9
TripleGGG

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #11607
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
X2. We stay at Camp Hatteras, ocean side, quite often. We also stayed the KOA as well and like Camp Hatteras better.

IMHO, The food in kitty hawk, kill devil hills etc is tourist food. There are a couple good places but you’ll have to wait quite awhile for a seat. The good food is at Oceania Bistro in Avon or at the numerous seafood restaurants along route 12 South of Rodanthe

Never stayed at them but there are a couple National seashore campgrounds along the coast starting around Oregon Inlet.

Beware of the weather before crossing the inlet bridge. From experience on the lower bridge I will no longer cross is wind speeds are over 13 MPH. The new bridge is much higher and the winds at the top a lot stronger.
We crossed the bridge in May in our 4dr Jeep with winds blowing 30 to 40. It was interesting. I told my wife be glad we weren't in motorhome.

We stayed at OBX Campground in Kill Devil Hills and really enjoyed it.

We plan on going back in January or February to visit my daughter and just chill.
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.