Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Solar / fridge
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 05:59 PM   #12
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
taylorbob1: Can that internal shunt handle the starting current of the generator which I would guess approaches 100 amps?

Also with that monitor you have to run the negative battery cable back and forth to wherever you mount the display.

Here is a more comprehensive battery monitor that I have used that is easy to install: the 500A shunt mounts near the negative battery terminal then a cable carrying the shunt voltage and the + and - power wires goes to the remote indicator. See https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

David
Dunno, much of this is above my pay grade.
That said, OP doesn’t have a 120V residential fridge, nor does he have a 120V/propane absorption fridge.

He’s got a new efficient 12V fridge.

Amp Draw: 12V/DC
Standard Mode - 8.3
Night mode - 6.2

Not sure what the numbers mean, but it’s much more efficient than running an inverter and powering a 120V compressor

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.