Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Cat. Conv.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 03:08 PM   #8
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
After mine was stolen I purchased a deterrent product but a LEO friend suggested I NOT use it. He reports that annoyed BGs (already armed with a saw) under your vehicle are apt to vent their frustration by cutting wiring harnesses, fuel lines, brake lines or even the frame. He recommended parking in an area that is more secure than some others and then just letting the thief take what she’s after. That’s why we all have insurance. At least think about it….
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Yeah understand that thought but in many cases the scum bags are looking for quick in and out and seeing a deterrent are likely to go to an easier target down the line. If someone's looking to vandalize they will whether or not they are there to steal something too. I lock compartments when I'm away too. If someone was determined and had the time they would destroy the door to get in. But it protects against the more casual theft and someone who's wanting to be quick and quiet about it.

I hope that the meth head trying to steal a cat doesn't think the diesel DPF is a cat.
Since both of you guyz in Bama, may I suggest that PeteMH sells his theft device to Chunker21 at great price and problem solved

I have to admit that reading PeteMH's view over last few weeks had put the breaks on me buying one of the catstrap type deterrent devices. I have painted Orange with High Temp paint and I have purchased a cheap $25 motion siren that works really well, but kind of inconvenient to use. I also question how long the 2000F Spray paint will last. It was RED, now Orange, and looking like Yellow may be next. But you can see it pretty good as painted though.

I am getting to the point of accepting the fact that there is nothing I can do but keep my insurance current. I sure don't expect the police to be able top stop them. I blame the laws and judges. We are too nice to criminals is my point. If I had to park my RV in a known bad area, I may consider putting $100 in an envelope and ask the Thief to spare me.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum