Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #1
Bruce

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
Wind Screen Wiper Adjustment

I am getting ready to head back home, so it was time to correct the sweep of the windshield wipers.

I had looked at them before but didn't proceed because I didn't have the proper tool to pull the arm off of the wiper spindle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wipers 2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	1752

I purchased a set of these for use on another project waiting for me at home. The smallest 3 jaw puller is just the size for releasing the wiper arm.

Name:	Wipers 1.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1753

The nut on the wiper arm is 1/2 inch. It is not necessary to remove the nut from the wiper arm. Just loosen the nut about 1/4 inch and use the nut to center the puller. Wrench the puller down and the arm will pop loose. Pull the arm away from the wind screen, relocate the arm to the desired position and retighten the nut.

Here's where the blades rest in order to wipe the wind screen to my satisfaction. The blades at the end of the sweep are vertical about three inches from the A pillar.

Name:	Wipers 3.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	1754

Bruce

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.