Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
electric

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Vegas 25.6
State: California
THOR #24413
new owner 2022 Vegas 25.6

Just brought home our first motorhome 2022 Vegas 25.6
I've been researching which make/model/floorplan best fits our needs for over a year and Vegas 25.6 was the choice, but when time came to buy these were suddenly unavailable due to chassis shortages, so I found probably the last new unit at General RV in Tampa, bought it and drove it back home to Sacramento.
Nearly 3000 miles, 5 days of travel in a brand new MH.
Overall very happy, no major issues, a number of minor issues or issues which one can live with while waiting for repairs.

1. Furnace doesn't work. My fault for not testing during walkthrough, it was a hot day in FL, so we tested A/C, but forgot about furnace. Thanks to dealer rep for not doing his job. Probably some simple electrical issue, will look into it.

2. Bunk got stuck in low position. Luckily this happened after we got home as we didn't need it during travel. Noticed it was slightly uneven, so decided to lower/raise to resync motors, but it doesn't go back up, driver side gets jammed. I think the bracket holding the end of steel cable is extended too much and it touches the screws holding the rail. I'd have to disassemble driver side and adjust the bracket.

3. Entry door sometimes opens even though it was well locked and checked. Happened twice when started moving, scary, but after closing again seems to stay closed. Upper lock ( deadbolt ) doesn't work at all, needs adjustment to fit into slot in the doorjamb. Door makes much screeching noise when driving on bad roads. Likely needs lubrication and adjustments. Will try to find a better quality lock as I read horror stories of people getting locked out due to broken deadbolt.

4. Fueling is a nightmare, pump kicks out unless I hold the flow at bare minimum, takes forever to fill. Quick search found this to be a common issue due to fuel line bent or twisted from the inlet to the tank. Quick visual check confirms twisted rubber hose, but need closer examination and adjustment.

5. Apple Carplay on Axxera is great, but they forgot to include an external microphone, so I can't make calls until I get one installed.

6. Most drawers need adjustments for proper closing and centering of front panels. Will probably replace latches with better quality ones, maybe magnetic. Any suggestions?

7. Immediately obvious water damage to bottom trim parts, soaked up water from the floor. Dealer pretended not to see it until we pointed it out. After hours of work they found a leak at the water pump and fixed it, so we can take delivery, but trim will have to be replaced under warranty at a later date.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.