Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Too Hot
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 07:13 PM   #11
Campnjoe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight View Post
Hello Everyone, hope all is well. I am new to the forum and I own a 2020 Thor 29m Windsport (more like the bank owns it, lol). I love my RV but the wife and I are at odds with the heat. Seems like more heat goes into the back bedroom and not enough goes into the living room area. Is there an issue that I may not be aware of or is this normal? Seems like the heat coming from the vent under the couch is weak and not as hot as the bedroom vents. I made a heater box to cover the two outlets in the bedroom and have a 4” aluminum dryer hose pushing it into the living room. Thank you all for allowing me on the Thor forum and safe travels. John

Welcome to the forum. I also have a 2020 29m. Pretty much all of us 29m owners have the same issue you described. Though we haven't found a total solution, you can purchase a vent from Valtera that you can close off on Amazon. Its a direct replacement for the ones that are on the wall. I would only replace one of them as the furnace is designed to move a certain amount of air and closing them both off might cause problems.

Also, you will want to remove the furnace cover under the fridge and take a look at the lines. Two of mine, the ones that lead to the front of the coach, were disconnected.

Lastly, you want to check out the lines fully as ours had all sorts of holes, especially where it leaves the kitchen sink cabinet and enters the cavity under the couch.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum